Friday, February 25, 2011

Taking Root

Welcome to my blog. Here you can join me on a journey to retrace my African roots through the discovery of art, literature, history, and current events as it pertains to the past and present Africa. I will cover themes of interest to the modern young African woman in the inter-African diaspora.
I also hope to build a network of other African women that can contribute anecdotes and experiences which we all have in common (I know more than a couple of us can relate to having our hair combed so hard that we lost sensitivity on our scalp, being asked ignorant questions by non-African classmates, and being pressured by our multitude of Aunties to get married as soon as you reach your 20's...)
Anyways, thanks for checking out this blog.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. lol NO YOU'RE NOT!! But welcome nonetheless :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA!!! Just saw Sabrina's comment. Wow, I remember you talking about this African publication of years, years back... Good stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete